Make a Plan
Being caught unprepared and having little knowledge of what to do next can only make a bad situation worse. While it's not most people's favorite thing to think about, planning and preparing for the worse is the best way to improve your odds of a positive outcome.
A well rounded plan includes:
- How to be ready for any situation
- Preparing a kit of essential items
- What to do in the event of a disaster or emergency
- How to stay in contact with loved ones should you be separated
- Learning the emergency plans of places you frequent such as place of work, schools, daycares and shopping centers